We have an in-house team of experienced, professional engineers and trades people to carry out repairs to your home but there are some little and easy jobs which we will ask you to do.
Repairs you are responsible for
You are responsible for:
- Decorating the inside of your property as often as necessary to keep it in good order
- Keeping the property clean and tidy
- Regularly sweeping the chimneys ( if you use solid fuels such as coal and wood)
- Test smoke alarms
- Unblock waste pipes and drain gullies
- Fill in minor cracks in your plaster
- Replace small fixtures and fittings, such as door numbers, toilet seats and bath/sink plugs
- Replace lightbulbs, fuses and batteries
- Maintain outdoor buildings, such as sheds or greenhouses
- Replace or repair anything you damage
All the repairs must be carried out to a good standard. Certified engineers must be used for some repairs, for example, for gas, heating and electrical installations.
It is also important to keep your home well ventilated. More information on managing damp can be found in our Condensation Information Leaflet (PDF File, 1,027kb)
Repairs we are responsible for
We are responsible for:
- The drains, gutters and outside pipes
- The roof
- The outside doors (including door handles, locks and hinges), window sills, window catches, glazing putties, window frames, and glass (including any necessary outside painting and redecorating)
- The inside doors
- The installations for space and water, heating, sanitation and water, gas and electricity supplies
- The basins, sinks, baths, toilets, flushing systems and waste pipes
- The electric wiring, gas and water pipes
- Shared access areas such as halls, stairways, lifts and passageways
If you have caused the damage you may have to pay for the repair.
To report a repair please log into My Account.